The need to support our students is great and continues to grow. This year, nearly 40% of Nerinx students received financial assistance. Nerinx is providing more than $1.9 in scholarships and aid to families and we are still not meeting all of our students’ needs. Without the help provided by scholarship funds, many current students would not be able to attend Nerinx. Your scholarship contribution is a great blessing.
Gifts to the Nerinx Hall General Scholarship Fund support the school by helping Nerinx Hall supplement the restricted named scholarship funds in meeting student financial needs.
A Restricted Named Scholarship Fund ensures a continuous source of funding of financial assistance for students in need or to honor student achievement. The minimum investment for a named scholarship is $25,000. The donor may define the criteria used for establishing the scholarship. Scholarships can be established through contributions of cash, stock, real estate, charitable remainder trusts, or bequests.
Nerinx has the following restricted named scholarship funds:
Class of 2020 Experience Fund
- Named in honor of the Nerinx Hall Class of 2020, whose planned senior year traditions, events, and experiences were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. It was created so that no student will miss out on the extras of a Nerinx Hall experience because of family financial circumstances.
Clare Blase Memorial Scholarship
- A talented dancer, performer, and SLUH Hockey Cheerleader Clare was a member of the Class of 2016. Her last months on earth were filled with joy as she performed in the Nerinx show Legally Blonde even while driving back and forth to Memphis for cancer treatments at St. Jude. Clare's family established this scholarship in her name following her death in December 2012.
Eileen O’Donnell Cochran '61 Fund
- This fund is a family-established tribute to Eileen, a Nerinx Hall Woman of Excellence honoree and alumnae parent.
Frane Family Scholarship
- Established by Ms. Janet Frane, this award provides tuition assistance for talented students after their respective freshman years.
The Patricia and Lester Hohl Family Scholarship
- Les and Pat O'Neill Hohl '54 established this gift to provide one worthy student per four year cycle with a significant gift to make Nerinx Hall a financial possibility for those with demonstrated financial need.
Lesley Ostapowicz Memorial Scholarship
- The Ostapowicz family established this scholarship fund in the memory of their daughter Lesley, who was a member of the Nerinx Hall Class of 2007. This scholarship offers help to families who experience financial difficulties while their daughter attends Nerinx Hall.
Mary Anne Grant Service Trip Award
- The Nerinx Hall Class of 1995 established this award for Mary Ann, a beloved classmate who tragically died while on a service trip in Haiti. Her legacy is a legacy of loving service and is awarded to students who need financial assistance to participate in service-learning opportunities
Kevin Budd Memorial Scholarship
- This scholarship fund, named in honor of long-time Science faculty member Kevin Budd,was established by Kevin’s family in 2018 and is given to an outstanding science student.
Class of 1968 Scholarship Fund
- This fund was started by the family of current Board member and former Nerinx Hall Board Chair Susan Johnson ‘68 and is designed to help students with demonstrated financial need attend Nerinx Hall.
Class of 1967 Fund
- Not yet fully endowed, this fund was established in 2018 by members of the Nerinx Hall Class of 1967 led by Kathy Hoffman '67.
Sister Barbara Roche Scholarship Fund
- This fund honors former Nerinx Hall President Sr. Barbara Roche '64, whose 27-year tenure as the school’s President was marked by her dedication to making a Nerinx Hall education affordable for as many young women as possible.
The Mary Ann (Ligertwood) Fehlig and Class of 1965 Scholarship Fund
- Mary Ann (Ligertwood) Fehlig, Class of 1965, was an exceptional woman. She loved her years at Nerinx Hall and believed them to be transformative. Her passing in July of 2020 has inspired several to remember her by establishing a scholarship that honors her – and the rest of the Class of 1965 – at a time of great need for her beloved school
Sister Eileen Fuchs '77 BVM
- This fund is not yet fully endowed. It was established by Nerinx faculty and staff following Sister Eileen's death in August 2020. She taught Physics at Nerinx for 17 years.
Our other specific scholarships are the Merit Scholarship, Diversity Scholarship and Loretto Scholarship.
A gift made in memory or honor of a loved one is a gratifying and lasting tribute. These types of gifts are a special way to honor parents, loved ones, friends and fellow classmates. Memorial/Honorarium gifts are designated to the Nerinx Hall General Scholarship Fund unless otherwise specified.
When you make a memorial or tribute gift, we will send a note to the person, or the family of the person, being honored or memorialized.
For additional information contact: Liz Rooney Millikan '87, Director of Alumnae Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-968-1505, ext.129.