8th Grade Admissions Process
8th Grade Admissions Process
For Students who will be members of the Nerinx Hall Class of 2025
We follow the Archdiocese timeline of a November application and February acceptance, though qualified students can be admitted even after the application deadline.
8th Grade Application Checklist
- Though not required for admission, we encourage you to look at our event offerings for Fall 2020 so that you can learn more about Nerinx and the admissions process.
- Starting October 1, log in to the Nerinx Hall Admissions Parent Portal and Create an Account. The portal provides a checklist of information needed to complete the admissions process. You'll complete the application forms, check the status of your daughter's application and more. Please save your sign-in information and password; you will access the Admissions Parent Portal throughout the admissions process.
- Complete the St. Louis Archdiocese Catholic School Application between October 12 and November 16, 2020. In addition to the Nerinx application process, applicants must complete the St. Louis Archdiocese Catholic School Application. Applicants must indicate Nerinx Hall as their first choice school in order to continue through the admissions process. This indication releases your grade school academic records to Nerinx for review for those students attending an Archdiocese grade school. Students at public/independent schools should complete the transcript release.
- Complete the Nerinx Hall Admissions Application and Supplemental materials by Friday, November 27, 2020. The application has three components: Parental Supplemental Form, Student Writing Sample and Student Activities Resume.
NEW THIS YEAR. All applicants will be required to take the HSPT exam due to the lack of standardized testing for most applicants during the 2019-20 and 2020-21 school years. Nerinx will host the exam on Saturday, December 5. Details will be communicated with applicants. The HSPT will be used as a baseline for admission. Applicants may also use the HSPT to qualify for Merit Scholarships. Nerinx will also honor the complete composite from 7th Grade testing (Iowa, ITBS, ERB) for the purpose of awarding Merit Scholarships. Testing accommodations will be granted for applicants that qualify. All supporting documentation must be received by Friday, November 27 to receive accommodations for the December 5 test. Official documentation would include IEP, a section 504 Plan, or a Psychoeducational Evaluation that includes the following information:
- Documentation completed by a qualified official with a clear diagnostic statement
- A description of how the condition was diagnosed: diagnostic procedures, evaluation methods such as tests, questionnaires, etc. with dates of administration
- Information on functional impact
- A narrative or overall statement with specific results
- Should the condition not be stable, information on interventions including the individual's own strategies
- The application culminates with a Family Interview. Registration for interviews will open on Monday, November 9, 2020. Applicants and their parents/guardians will meet with a member of the Nerinx Hall faculty for a 30-45 minutes interview. Interviews will be held November 30 through December 3 from 4 to 7 p.m. nightly.
- Admissions Decision Day & You Got In Party: Friday, February 5.
Contact Monica Sullivan, Director of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-968-1505 ext 115.
Information on Scholarships and Financial Aid can be found here.