Merit Scholarships and Diversity Awards
More opportunities for financial support
Nerinx Hall offers Merit Scholarships to incoming freshmen students who have demonstrated academic excellence. The value of the Merit Scholarship each eligible student receives is based upon 8th grade test scores.
- $6,000 yearly scholarship value with cumulative scores in the 99th percentile on a nationally normed standardized test (ITBS, ERB, SSAT, or Stanford) OR Advanced in both Language Arts and Math on the MAP Test
- $3,500 yearly scholarship value with cumulative scores in the 98th percentile on a nationally normed standardized test (ITBS, ERB, SSAT, or Stanford) OR Advanced in Math or Language Arts and proficient in the other on the MAP test.
- $2,500 yearly scholarship value with cumulative scores in the 97th percentile on a nationally normed standardized test (ITBS, ERB, SSAT, or Stanford). No MAP Equivalent.
All applicants are automatically considered for a Nerinx Hall Merit Scholarship during the admissions process. Qualifying students will be notified at the time of admission.
Merit Scholarships are renewable for all four years of the recipient’s Nerinx Hall education if the student maintains a minimum 3.5 GPA, is active in the school community through service, leadership and extra-curricular participation, and has good conduct.
As a Catholic high school founded by the Sisters of Loretto in 1924, Nerinx Hall continues to embrace the Loretto belief that diversity enriches. To encourage and support diversity in our student body, the Nerinx Hall Board of Directors created the Diversity Award. The Diversity Award is a monetary award that is renewable for four years. The amount of the award varies annually.
Eligible candidates for this award must:
- Be an 8th grade student of color
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Demonstrate leadership in their school or community
- Demonstrate a commitment to service
- Submit an application for admission
- Complete the Diversity Award application
- Ask an adult to complete the recommendation form
- Submit the Diversity Award application, applicant responses, and a recommendation form from a recommender by the deadline
Applications open on October 1 for the Diversity Application. Email email@example.com with any questions about the process.
Sunday, October 1, 2023
Nerinx Hall's Online Application for Admission opens via the Parent Portal
Monday, October 2, 2023
Archdiocese Application Intent Form opens for students who attend Catholic Grade Schools
Monday, November 13, 2023
Archdiocese Application Intent Form is due for for students who attend Catholic Grade Schools
Friday, December 1, 2023
Nerinx Hall's Admission Application and Supplemental Materials Due via the Parent Portal
Friday, January 26, 2024
Admissions Decision Day and 'You Got In' celebration!
Monica Wehner Thomas '98
Director of Admissions
314-968-1505 ext. 115
Samantha C. Thomas
Assistant Director of Admissions
314-968-1505 ext. 151