Merit Scholarships and Diversity Awards
More opportunities for financial support
Nerinx Hall offers Merit Scholarships to incoming freshmen students who have demonstrated academic excellence. The value of the Merit Scholarship each eligible student receives is based upon her IOWA complete composite score taken in 8th grade.
- $6,000 yearly scholarship value with cumulative scores in the 99th percentile
- $3,500 yearly scholarship value with cumulative scores in the 98th percentile
- $2,500 yearly scholarship value with cumulative scores in the 97th percentile
Merit Scholarships are renewable for all four years of the recipient’s Nerinx Hall education if the student maintains a minimum 3.5 GPA, is active in the school community through service, leadership and extra-curricular participation, and has good conduct. All applicants are automatically considered for a Nerinx Hall Merit Scholarship during the admissions process. Qualifying students will be notified at the time of admission.
For applicants who did not sit for the IOWA test, or are without nationally-normed scores, or for those who want an opportunity to improve their nationally-normed score, Nerinx offers the nationally-normed High School Placement Test (HSPT) in January. This test is optional and may qualify a student for the merit scholarship. Registration for the optional HSPT for applicants is available via the Parent Portal.
As a Catholic high school founded by the Sisters of Loretto in 1924, Nerinx Hall continues to embrace the Loretto belief that diversity enriches. To encourage and support diversity in our student body, the Nerinx Hall Board of Directors created the Diversity Award. The Diversity Award is a monetary award that is renewable for four years. The amount of the award varies annually.
Eligible candidates for this award must:
- Be an 8th grade student of color
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Demonstrate leadership in their school or community
- Demonstrate a commitment to service
- Submit an application for admission
- Complete the Diversity Award application
- Ask an adult to complete the recommendation form
- Submit the Diversity Award application, applicant responses, and a recommendation form from a recommender by the deadline
All material must be submitted by December 2, 2022 for consideration. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, October 1
Monday, October 3
Archdiocese Application Intent Form Opened
Monday, November 14
Archdiocese Application Intent Form Due
Family Interview Scheduling Opened
Friday, December 2
Nerinx Hall Admissions Application and Supplemental Materials Due
Friday, January 27
Admissions Decision Day and You Got In Party!