EMPOWERING WOMEN SINCE 1924
Nerinx Hall is a private, Catholic, college-preparatory high school, founded on the belief that educated, caring, and empowered young women are essential to our world.
Our name is a tribute to Reverend Charles Nerinckx, a missionary priest from Belgium who worked on the Kentucky frontier. There, he met three young women, Mary Rhodes, Ann Havern and Christina Stuart, who had established a school for the children of pioneer families. They asked Father Nerinckx to assist them to form a new religious community, one of the first in the United States dedicated to faithful education.
Today, Nerinx Hall continues to dedicate itself to this mission, by educating young women in the Catholic tradition to think critically and to act deliberately, so that they can make a difference in the world.
5 FAST NERINX FACTS
- Our Loretto values guide us: Faith, Community, Justice, Respect.
- Nerinx offers 130+ elective courses. Plus, college credit is available in 40 courses through Advanced Placement, UMSL, and SLU.
- Class of 2019 members were accepted to 135+ colleges and universities. Nerinx grads receive automatic acceptances to honors colleges and elite programs.
- The Class of 2019 received $23 million in college and university scholarships.
- 40% of Nerinx students receive Merit Scholarships, need-based aid, and Diversity Awards to attend Nerinx every year.
BY THE NUMBERS
Academic & Extracurricular Clubs
Service Hours Completed in 2018–2019
of Students Play Sports
Average ACT Score of Nerinx Merit Scholarship Recipients
of Nerinx Grads Accepted to Colleges & Universities
Elected Student Leader Positions
of Faculty Hold an Advanced Degree
our loretto values
Building relationships that are affirming, inclusive, empowering, and compassionate
Promoting changes to eliminate oppression, and creating systems and relationships in which people, especially women, are treated fairly and impartially
Being open to differences, and believing in each person's potential. Promoting the dignity of individuals and protecting the sacredness of all creation.